Ever wanted to watch a YouTube video on your nice, big TV? Well, today I am going to tell you how to use a TV as a monitor on a Mac. Lets start off with what your will need.
You will need:
1. A compatible TV with VGA, DVI, or HDMI
2. A Mini Display adapter to VGA, DVI or HDMI
3. VGA, DVI, or HDMI cable depending on what adapter you are using
Amazon Links to what You will need:
For demonstrating purposes I will be using the mini display to HDMI adapter but they all work the same.
1. First of all you will need to locate the mini display port on your computer and the plug the adapter of choice into the port.
2.After plugging in the adapter you will want to plug the cable that goes with you adapter into back of your TV, and plug the other side of the cord into the mini display port adapter.
3. Once you plug every thing in you will need to go to your Mac and find “System Preferences”. Once you are there, find “Displays” and pick the resolution you want.
Leave a comment and tell me what you are going to do with your TV as a monitor.